In this special Virtual Roundtable from Campus Rec Magazine, panelists were specifically looking to answer questions around how to initiate conversations about race and racism; defining and exhibiting “ally” on your campus; and practical steps to take to impact EDI via campus recreation.
- Jocelyn Hill, the director of Recreational Sports and Fitness at American University
- Vicki Highstreet, the associate director for Recreation Programming at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Kevin Marbury, the vice president for Student Life at the University of Oregon
- Maureen McGonagle, the director of the Campus Recreation, Centers LLC at DePaul University
- Myrum Washington-White, the director of Athletics at St. Cyril of Alexandria School
How it works: The first 40 minutes of the roundtable are spent answering on the three predetermined topics above. After, the panel spent 20 minutes answering questions from the audience.
BONUS: Here is a link to a document shared during the roundtable with further resources for EDI.